A step-by-step guide to installing the latest Oracle WebLogic 14c
Oracle Database - August 18, 2023
by Vijay Kurale, Oracle Apps DBA - Data Patrol Technologies
- Oracle WebLogic Server 14c Features
- Install Flow
- Creating and Configuring the WebLogic Domain
How to install Oracle WebLogic 14c?
Introduce Oracle WebLogic Server 14c and its key features.
Mention the importance of proper installation for effectively managing WebLogic domains and applications.
Oracle WebLogic Server 14c Features:
Oracle WebLogic Server 14c (18.104.22.168.0) continues to provide new management features that simplify the configuration, monitoring, and ongoing management of WebLogic Server domains and applications.
These features are described in the following sections:
- Running Oracle WebLogic Server on Docker:
Running Oracle WebLogic Server on Docker allows you to containerize and deploy your WebLogic applications, providing greater flexibility and scalability.
The Oracle WebLogic Deploy Tooling (WDT) simplifies the automation of WebLogic Server domain provisioning and applications deployment.
- WebLogic Image Tool:
The Oracle WebLogic Image Tool lets you automate building, patching, and updating your WebLogic Server Docker images, including your own customized images.
- WebLogic Server Kubernetes Operator:
The Oracle WebLogic Server Kubernetes Operator is an application-specific controller that extends Kubernetes to create, configure, and manage instances of complex applications.
- Weblogic Monitoring Exporter:
The Oracle WebLogic Monitoring Exporter is a web application that you can deploy on a WebLogic Server instance that you want to monitor.
- WebLogic Logging Exporter:
The Oracle WebLogic Logging Exporter provides an easy-to-configure, robust, and production-ready solution to access WebLogic Server log information through Elasticsearch and displayed in Kibana dashboards.
ORACLE WebLogic SERVER 14c INSTALLATION:
Installing Oracle WebLogic Server software
Download the software from Edelivery
Patch No- V994956-01.zip
Oracle WebLogic Server 22.214.171.124.0 Generic
- Install JDK ---- jdk-11.0.19_windows-x64_bin
- Check JDK version
- Go to the directory where you downloaded the installation program.
- Extract the contents of this .zip (fmw_126.96.36.199.0_wls_Disk1_1of1.zip) file and launch the installation program by running 'java -jar fmw_188.8.131.52.0_wls.jar'
- Go to software location & run the below command.
Java -jar fmw_184.108.40.206.0_wls.jar
- Review the information on this screen carefully to be sure you have performed all the necessary prerequisites, then click Next to continue.
2. Type the full path of the directory in the Oracle Home field, then click Next to continue.
3. Type the full path of the directory in the Oracle Home field, then click Next to continue.
4. Use this screen to determine the type of installation you want to perform, then click Next to continue.
5. Prerequisite Checks results will be shown as above, Oracle Fusion Middleware 14c is certified, click Next to continue.